A New Leash
For Life Rescue
Our Adoption Process
1. The first step is to complete the Pre-Adoption Questionnaire a link can be found at the bottom of this page.
2. Once we have your information, a member of our team will contact you to discuss whether your family might be a good match for one of our dogs. We consider things like whether the dogs need quiet or active homes, can be with children and whether then can be "only dogs" or need a fur sibling for company. If the dog is already in foster here in the UK, then we can sometimes arrange for you to meet the dog.
3. If all is good, we will then place the dog on reserve. At point of reservation we will require a £75 deposit. Deposits are non-refundable unless the reserve is cancelled by us. Once a dog is reserved, we will stop promoting it and will no longer accept any enquiries.
4. We will visit you for a brief home check. We will be checking the following:
5. We will email you the adoption contract . We also require the remainder of the £300 adoption fee to be paid. We will then discuss dates you can take your new addition, arrange transport if the dog is not already in the UK and get everything booked and confirmed!
Our Adoption Fee is £300
Our Adoption Fee
The £300 adoption fee we have in place is our MINIMUM fee. The actual cost to bring these dogs to the UK is usually more than this as it covers:
Dogs adopted in Scotland have a higher adoption fee due to the extra travelling distance, depending on location in Scotland the prices can vary so please contact us to see how much extra you will need to pay.
Of course, if you are able to donate more this really helps us to save more dogs.